12.11.2010

Been in a Funk

I've been in some sort of funk lately that I just can't seem to shake. I'm always the one who tries to stay so positive for our family's sake. Always saying, "Don't worry we'll make it through.. we always do...". But, it doesn't mean I am not stressing too. And when your landlord sends you a 3 day pay or vacate notice instead of a Christmas card things get really heavy.
We knew going into this new job for Jeremy it would be slow to start. But, damn. I am at least grateful he has a job he really likes, and that he's proud of. I guess my funk started with the hopes of my new weekend job slipping away. I came off so confident about it. I was sure I had it. But, it was just a working interview and when I called back to see if I was supposed to be back this weekend they said they had another working interview to do and they'd call me back.
The daycare thing is great. But, I just have 1 baby 20-26 hours a week. That's not bringing in much money. However it is bringing in about how much I would bring home if I worked full time and had Logan in daycare full time.
I just feel like our hole keeps getting deeper and deeper and I just don't know how we're gonna get out of it. It's scary. I try and tell myself there are many people going through these hard times in this economic depression. I guess it's just hard to feel like you're not doing the best by your baby. We don't even have a Christmas tree, and the only present we have for Logan is some used baby clothes. I'm glad he's too young to realize what's going on and I really hope we have our shit together before he's old enough to realize it. Hopefully one day it's something we just look back on and laugh. "Boy times we're tough for us in the begining...".
It's just damn depressing.

2 comments:

  1. You're in my thoughts and prayers cassie. I hate that feeling of losing control and can't fix it immediately. Keep thinking positive.

    ReplyDelete