10.03.2010

Times they are a changin'

So, it's been almost 12 weeks since I've had to work... at a 'job'. Not that I haven't worked. I've been working at the hardest job I've ever had, as a stay at home mom. Too bad it doesn't pay the bills. We haven't been doing too bad thou. But, now we're falling behind. We're short on rent, short on the car payment, and medical bills just keep coming in.
  It wouldn't be too bad if Jeremy weren't getting garnished $400 a month for an old medical bill.
 We knew it was time to make some changes. Keren, Jeremy's pseudo mom, said she could maybe get him a job working with her company. Sure enough she set up the contacts and he now has a job as a roofer! It's going to be hard work. But, it comes with a significant pay raise. Unfortunately roofers don't really work much in the rain.
  So, I am no longer able to stay home all the time. I need to go back to my Reception job at Restaurant Depot on weekends when Jeremy will be home with Logan. **
   I'm not the kind of mom who can't wait to go back to work. I am not desperately seeking adult interaction. I'm not looking for a break. I love being a mom. I love being home with my son everyday. I love the fact that he has been nothing but breast fed since birth. I am going to miss him so very much when I am away from him all day. And although I will pump and he will still be able to have my milk when I'm away, it saddens me that he will have to drink from a bottle, which might affect our length of breastfeeding.

    Not only that but, now I found out that when I go back my wonderful boss will no longer be there. I have no idea what I am going to be going back into.

   So, yes times are defiantly changing and as usual we're rolling with the punches. Our motto has been for some time now, "We'll make it through we always do." and it's true.

**So, I had literally JUST written this blog and had it sitting on the computer waiting to be published when I get a call from Restaurant Depot. I am told that the weekend schedule I worked out with Bob is not being accepted and that I return full time M-F or not at all. So, who knows what's in store for me. But, for now I will take it as a sign that I am not meant to go back to work just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment